Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Granada, Flamenco and The Alhambra

This weekend we went on a weekend visit to Granada with ISA, where we visited "La Capilla Real y Museo", watched a live Flamenco show and visited The Alhambra. The flamenco show was by far my favorite part, I think I described it as tap dancing on crack to my parents, for lack of a better description. Those dancers must have incredible legs. The show took place in a cave, which was incredibly cool. If you're going to see a Flamenco show, might as well see it in a cave right? Unfortunately I don't have any good pictures of the actual dancing, I was front and center and could not get a good picture without feeling incredibly awkward, but here is a picture of some of me and some of my friends at the show.

Flamenco Show



We also visited "La Capilla Real y Museo", which like all of the other cathedrals had architecture to die for. I think I'm just about over cathedral tours though, I feel like it's true that if you've seen one cathedral you've pretty much seen them all. My dad said to think of all those poor people carving out those buildings and then I felt bad when I said that the tours were so boring. The thing is I do enjoy the architecture and I took lots of pictures in appreciation of their work, but beyond taking a pretty picture, I have no real interest in these buildings. All that said, it was a great experience and something that I would have never done on my own, so I have ISA to thank for that.

"La Capilla Real y Museo"

The Alhambra should have been the highlight of my trip, but I have the worst luck and had my first reaction to gluten. I'm thankful that this was the first time that I've gotten sick from gluten since I've been in Spain, it was just very bad timing. Note to self, do not eat the continental buffet style hotel breakfast. The Alhambra was still a very cool sight to see, my body was just not into the three hour walking tour after my rough morning. The Alhambra is a palace and fortress complex originally built for the last Muslim Emirs in Spain and it's court, of the Nasrid dynasty. Here are a few of my favorite pictures and I'll post the rest on Facebook.

The Alhambra



No comments:

Post a Comment