Saturday, February 25, 2012

The beach, a water bottle and fuzzy pink slippers...

The Beach...

 A 1.5L Water Bottle...

Fuzzy Pink Slippers...


You are probably asking yourself what theses seeming unrelated items have to do with each other. All of these items are key elements in just a little bit of normalcy in a country where nothing is normal. 

The Beach + A 1.5L Water Bottle + Fuzzy Pink Slippers = EMI'S GYM

I am going to stay in shape yet! The beach is used for cardio, it is where I go for my daily hour long runs. The oversized water bottle is my hand weight, used for bicep and tricep curls. It's not a very big weight, but it is just right for toning. The fuzzy pink slippers are used for pads under my elbows for both front and side planks; the stone floor in our apartment is not very conducive to planks. Combine those with a few wall sits, crunches and lunges and you have the makings for the perfect make shift gym. Gyms in Spain are considered a luxury and they are extremely hard to come by. If you do happen to find a gym, you then face the fact that memberships are outrageously expensive. 

However ridiculous it might sound, I was very proud of my resourcefulness and thought that I would share my creativity with all of you. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment